Monday, March 1, 2010

Connecting Recovery in my head to my feet~


These were taken today. Starting to get some curves. A little nervous but Mike has really helped in this area. Everyone has been so encouraging and the comments I receive here have further helped my recovery~
As I was walking into court this morning I glanced at the glass walls into the courtroom and actually saw a thin girl standing there. I usually see big hips and thighs and big arms. Court was uneventful other than the weirdos you see who either stand too close or talk to themselves etc. Quite entertaining at times as most know I have spent 2 years in family court with my youngest and now wanting a restraining order to stick against my ex-husband. But that's for another blog!
Oh but wait. At court while waiting to deliver documents to the bailiff I was shaky and light headed. I text Mike about it as I was a little nervous. I hadn't eaten but never eat early anyway and this was like 8:15. He of course tells me to eat etc and gets after me. I mention I would go to Baker's for a bean, egg, cheese burrito. But then I was upset moments later thinking about my ex and why I even bothered with a continuance, which my ex needed because of his job. He's the abuser and yet here I was getting the continuance granted for HIM! It required me going to file more paper work and then having to go again tomorrow to pick it up and have him served. I suddenly felt sick like I was going to puke. I was about to forget breakfast all together. Mike helped me through and ultimately I went and got breakfast on my way to seeing him.
On my way to Mike's I started to think about how in my head and heart I want recovery. I want to gain and be healthy and be the "smokin hot girl" Mike states when I get to my goal. I want to speak at school's and speak at the hospital I was in for 3 months last year. I truly want to live life without Ana. When I really dig deep I know it's ME who wants life without an eating disorder though at times Ana creeps in and makes me think I myself don't want it bad enough.
So while it's in my heart and head, I have not been able to connect it to my feet! Of course not in the literal sense! I have done the talking but not quite all the walking!
Right now the food is overwhelming but it wont always be this way. Right now I struggle with body image but it wont always be this way. Right now I have a lot of pain and struggles in daily life but it wont always be this way.
I have to find a way to "walk recovery" and will and today I have!
((hugs))
Brandee

5 comments:

  1. U have the support and love from so many that i know u will b ok! i love u girl and will always b here 4 u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole is right. You're pretty darn cute right now and I am excited for the "smokin' hot girl" you'll be with just a few little extra pounds.

    Stick with it. We're all here behind you and excited to see you getting healthier and happier every day.

    Love you!

    - Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nicole and thanks for being there for the past 20 years! and Mike words can't describe how much you have helped and how much your true understanding and patience through all this has meant. I am truly grateful. I love you!
    ((hugs))
    Brandee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Brendee:
    Sorry for the trouble with your Ex. I hope the judge will do what you need. You are already a lovely looking young lady. So why put a condition on doing what you want until you reach a certain goal? If passing the word on this problem is calling to you, that is what you should do. It has been my experience that if we wait until all perfect before we do something - most likely we are not ready to do it. Be realistic about your looks - you are NOT a one-eyed-purple-people-eater monster, you are a very very cute looking young lady and people are drawn to. You’re being very open on here, so this is how you should approach talking to anyone about ANA. Most important – be cool about your intent to speak in groups about this problem. You will do, just don’t let that goal become one more reason that makes you want to withdraw for your nutrition plan. Go slowly with everything and I will bet things will be more enjoyable, and you will one day be a voice of Cynthia. Just don’t rush. Keep working on recovery. You are really doing well – did you know that? Stop thinking “perfect” Who was the person that made you feel that you are not already perfect. You got the good looks, keep working on the health issue and give your already pretty body what is needs to sustain your life.

    Edward

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe in you Brande, I see and feel so much strength in you. And, by the way, you are gorgeous in that picture. You look younger and more vibrant. And, for the record, the "curves" showing up in that picture are gonna be hot! lol. Congrats on how well you're doing, you're beautiful and a huge inspiration to me. Your honesty with your struggles make you that much more real for me, you show me the ups and downs and the continual progress anyways. You are so strong, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete